Monday, November 8, 2010

"Cover meeeee" - Bjork, circa 1995

Since I love to talk about everything to do with music that isn't actually music!: Here are some of my favourite album covers.
I think the best album covers
a) are totally badass.
b) feature some sort of high contrast (preferably black and white) photograph. OR, a blurry, polaroid-esque photograph.
b.2) bonus points if it is a face.
c) show some stellar 'arts 'n shit' skillz
d) prominently promote 'bromance'
e) have horses anywhere on them
f) are insanely ugly
THUS, PRESENTING SOME OF MY FAVE ALBUM COVER ARTS:

Sunset Rubdown's self titled EP (reasons c, f):


Liars' Drums Not Dead (reasons a, c):


Pissed Jeans' Hope for Men (reasons b, d)


Japandroid's Post-Nothing (reasons b, d)


Charlotte Gainsbourg's 5:55 (reason b, b.2)


Black Dice's Broken Ear Record (reasons a, f)


The Beach Boys' Surf's Up (reason e)


Ariel Pink's The Doldrums (reasons b, f)


Autechre's Draft 7.30 (reasons a, c, f)


Silver Mt. Zion's Born Into Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upwards (reason b)



AS YOU CAN SEE, point b) high contrast photography is clearly my most winning factor. If you're in a band, and you want me to like your album cover, you will somehow combine all of these points into one album cover! I imagine this will be an ugly, high contrast photo of a horse's face. Standing next to another bro horse. Painted. And to finish it off, totally badass.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the first one.. as for the others. I think you have some deep seeded issues and need psychological help. LOL!

    ReplyDelete