Saturday, January 22, 2011

zzz-onoscope

Imagine the sound of that epic waterfall! You'd imagine it to be all like
fshhhhhhhhhhhh~~~~
INSTEAD IT IS ACTUALLY
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ (sleeping sound)

Album cover: 7 Lukes out of 10
Music: 3 Lukes out of 10

Snooooozer. Although, now that I think about it, I might not even like Cut Copy that much. I know I recently wrote something like "who doesn't like Cut Copy?" but I probably should have said "who didn't sort of dig their first album/that song Hearts on Fire?"

In other news, Mogwai's new album is called "Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will." Which is so excellent. Like the music almost definitely will be. (Although the reviews I read of their last also-excellently-titled album "The Hawk is Howling" weren't that great, I LOVED IT and much preferred it over the prior "Mr. Beast.") And have you SEEN the fucking album cover for The Hawk is Howling? Holy shit. In terms of superficial qualities an album can have, Mogwai really nailed it with The Hawk is Howling. THERE IS EVEN A TRACK TITLED "YOU ARE JIM MORRISON, YOU ARE DEAD."


~~I'M A FUCKING HOWLING HAWK AND I AM GOING TO FUCKING PECK YR EYES OUT FUUUUUUUUCK *piercing gaze*~~ - mogwai/the hawk whom howls

THERE ARE A LOT OF COMPONENTS TO A GREAT ALBUM YOU GUYS, and I do like to ponder on the superficial elements (i.e. titles/album art.) I'm pretty sure that is the greatest hawk portrait ever used as an album cover, and I know a lot of them. What can I say? I am weak to intense animal portraits!
I once saw Mogwai, it was a sensory overload and totally fantastic. I really liked it at the end of the show how I kind of felt nauseous! I recommend going to a concert venue to see them if you ever get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment