Monday, January 3, 2011

nu year ramblings


It's twenny elev yo.
Eleven is a totally spiritual and mystical number. Here are some facts from wikipedia:
-The number eleven is important in numerology, as it is the first of the Master Numbers.
-In Basque, hamaika ("eleven") has the double meaning of "infinite", probably from amaigabe, "endless", as in Hamaika aldiz etortzeko esan dizut! ("I told you infinite/eleven times to come!").
-American Airlines flight 11, a Boston-Los Angeles flight which crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center after being hijacked by terrorists in New York City, New York on September 11, 2001.
-Ocean's Eleven is the name of two American films.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT ONE ABOUT AMERICAN FILMS
MIND
BLOWING
STUFF.

Also, it's like that Why? song where he's all "the clock's always tellin' 11:11 or 3:something"

I am jus glad it's 2011 because 2010 was totally shit.

LISTEN TO THESE Y'ALL:

1. Kelis: Flesh Tone. Not to be confused with flesh light. GROSS.
Kelis goes all "club diva" and drops a pop album I managed to somehow overlook until the end of 2010. I don't even know when this came out what. Think of all those shitty David Guetta/Kelly Rowlands "club jams" and remove the shitty, annoying repetition, add some serious euro inspiration, Kelis' sassy pipes and some KILLER choruses to get FLESH TONE, a totally killer pop album. I'm not sure how this got swept under the rug. ON PAR WITH BODY TALK IMO.



2. VICKI LEEKX
Appaz M.I.A. jus dropped a free mixtape/album whenevs. You can get it hurr. And you should. It's probably better than /\/\ /\ Y /\, or at least it's more fun to listen to. And it doesn't have Teqkilla on it. Also it has less-serious M.I.A. that we haven't seen for a while! And it's FREE. Winnings, all round. I'ma listen to it RIGHT NOW. the world th-th-the world

3. DFA
That's right. I'm advising you to listen to an ENTIRE RECORD LABEL'S OUTPUT. jus' kiddin'. Well, only a little. Every act* on DFA is totally solid. *I haven't listened to all of them. But they probably are. DFA artists you have probably heard of and love: LCD Soundsystem, The Juan MacLean, The Rapture, Hercules and Love Affair, YACHT, Hot Chip(!). I'm super psyched for the upcoming Hercules and Love Affair record. BUT the reason I put this here is because for a couple days I was hooked on the DFA 2010 compilation and also the "DFA gets cheap with bleep" compilation. Both are totally winner and I heartily recommend if you like funky beats/disco/music at all. This one was flogged in the early hours of January 1:



So. Fantastic. u doin alrite? yeeeeah we're doin alrite
CAN YOU LISTEN TO THIS WITHOUT TAPPING YR FOOT LIKE AN ASSHOLE

Things I am looking forward to:
1. 2011 not being as shitty as 2010
2. Seeing SUFJAN AND OWEN PALLETT IN THE SPACE OF 5 DAYS *death*
3. LANEWAY FESTIVAL

hope erryone reading had a nice new year etc.
all the best

No comments:

Post a Comment