Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cloud Somethins

Jay Reatard may have passed away, but if you're longing for the kind of upbeat pop-punk he crafted, look no further than probably-huge-but-I-don't-realise-it band Cloud Nothings.
I only just managed to get around to listening to their album and I'm already addicted to this shit. Me to the Cloud Nothings album is like a guinea pig to it's hiding place- frequently there, if not, eating or something.Poor analogy.
Whatevs.

~~~I dun have a hartbeat~~~ - Cloud Nothings "glasses" dude

If you were a fish, this album would be perfect for those times that you expertly maneuvre through a small hole in a log, or the 30 second frenzy after you get fed 7-8 pellets of fish food. It's that good! ANIMALS.

If you don't have pet fish, I totally recommend it. One is called John West a la popular tuna brand, the other is called Charles. because Freddy Ruppert suggested it, and if Freddy Ruppert suggests something to you, just do it. Unless he encourages you to murder someone, or something else illegal. This seems unlikely, he is a pretty good guy.

Uhhh. So yeah, Cloud Nothings. Turn it on and turn your brain off and listen to it on repeat a lot.

Cloud Nothing's self titled album gets 7 Lukes out of 10

ALSO GOOD THINGS THAT YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THAT I MAY/MAY NOT/Probably won't REVIEW AT A LATER DATE:
PJ Harvey's "Let England Shake"
Tapes 'n Tapes' "Outside"
Young Galaxy's "Shapeshifting"

1 comment:

  1. puke I had no idea Jay Reatard passed away! when and how? I am sadness :(

    ReplyDelete